WEBINAR: NC Child Nutrition Impacts: A Debrief Event for the White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition, and Health
Hosted by the Carolina Hunger Initiative
Wednesday, October 26, 20222
2:30pm to 3:30pm
Online via Zoom
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE RECORDING.
Find resources and links below.
Previously: Join this webinar for a recap of the White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition, and Health, (which was held on September 28, 2022,) an overview of the work already being done to meet these goals in North Carolina, and how federal and state priorities might further impact NC.
- Lynn Harvey, Senior Director, Office of School Nutrition and Office of District Operations, NC Department of Public Instruction
- Mary Oxendine, Food Security Coordinator, Durham County will provide her perspective as a NC in-person attendee of the White House Conference
- Carolina Hunger Initiative team
- Video highlights from the White House Conference event
More resouces and information:
School Meals for All
Recent articles from EducationNC.org
- “What 2022 candidates have to say about early childhood and K-12 education”
- “Biden-Harris administration wants to provide free school meals for all students”
- “After two years, free school meals for all is over. What does that mean for students and their families?”
White House Conference on Huger, Nutrition, and Health
- White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition, and Health home page
- White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition, and Health session and speaker recordings
- White House National Strategy on Hunger, Nutrition, and Health briefing document
- Recap and highlights from the USDA Food and Nutrition Service