NC Child Hunger Leaders Conference
The NC Child Hunger Leaders Conference is an annual day of celebration and inspiration for everyone in our state interested in making sure kids have access to healthy food.
The 2021 conference — our 10th annual event! — was held on February 17 and February 18, 2021, and was presented by Carolina Hunger Initiative, after 9 years of the conference being hosted by No Kid Hungry NC (which is a partnership between UNC and Share Our Strength and is supported by the same team as Carolina Hunger Initiative).
Featured speakers for the 2021 conference included:
- A message from Governor Roy Cooper and First Lady of North Carolina Kristin Cooper
- A panel with new State Superintendent Catherine Truitt and members of her leadership team
- A message from Dr. Mandy Cohen, Secretary of the NC Department of Health and Human Services
- U.S. Congresswoman Alma S. Adams, Ph.D., NC’s 12th Congressional District, Vice Chair of the House Agriculture Committee
- Eric Davis, Chairman of the NC State Board of Education
- Lynn Harvey, Director of School Nutrition and District Operations, NC Department of Public Instruction
- 2020 NC Teacher of the Year Maureen Stover, Cumberland County Schools
- 2020 NC Principal of the Year Kisha Clemons, Newton-Conover City Schools
- Nutrition professionals from school districts, food banks, and community organizations across the state
- Plus best practices, inspiring stories, cooking and recipe demonstrations, and student performances.
See videos, photos, agendas, and more from previous years of the NC Child Hunger Leaders Conference by visiting NoKidHungryNC.org/Conference.